Prof. Dr. Frans Ramaekers
Chief Scientific Officer
Prof. Dr. Frans C. S. Ramaekers was trained as a chemist at the University of Nijmegen and graduated in 1977, with specializations in Biochemistry and Pharmacochemistry. He received his Ph.D. degree in 1981 at the University of Nijmegen on basis of a thesis on the role of the cytoskeleton in cell differentiation.
Between 1981 and 1990 he was appointed as assistant and associate professor at the Department of Pathology of the University Hospital in Nijmegen, where studies on the application of cytoskeletal elements in cancer diagnosis were performed. In 1989 he received the Bristol-Myers Oncology Award for this work.
From June 1989 onwards he is appointed professor of Molecular Cell Biology at the Maastricht University Medical Centre, and chairman of this department. Since 2009 he is Scientific Director of the Maastricht University School for Oncology and Developmental Biology (GROW). His major research topics concern oncology and cardiovascular cell biology.
He has been president, chairman and board member of several (inter)national scientific societies, and is member of the editorial board of several international journals.
Finally, he was the (co)founder of MUbio Products B.V. and is Chief Scientific Officer of this biotech company since 1995.
Sales and Marketing Director
Tim has over 27 years’ experience in the life science sector. He is an accomplished commercial leader and biotechnology consultant and has extensive experience of executive level leadership within the Antibody market.
He has also been CEO of the antibody manufacturer AbD Serotec which he grew from a £300k turnover to its eventual sale for £20m.
Tim has considerable experience in all aspects of business planning and sales and marketing and is the CEO of the private biotech consulting company Pivotal Scientific Lt and co-founder of 2B Scientific Ltd supplying Immunological Reagents to the UK life science market. Tim is also founder and President of US custom antibody company Abcore LLC and sits on the Board of several UK companies.
For Purchasing Information, please contact your local distibutor
- Absolute Biotech Launches to Offer Antibody Reagents, Services and Expertise to Researchers Worldwide October 4, 2022
- Nordic-MUbio announces acquisition of anti-dsRNA monoclonal manufacturer SCICONS April 13, 2021
- Clinical IHC Markers July 4, 2018
- Exalpha Biologicals, Inc. Announces Acquisition of Leading Producer of Egg-Derived Antibodies Gallues Immunotech Inc. June 6, 2018
- Nordic MUbio now the proud owners of Biologo March 1, 2018
- Press release: Exalpha Biologicals products now available through Nordic-MUbio May 10, 2016
- Press release: Nordic-MUbio Acquisition July 13, 2015